We’re pretty excited to share tons of lovely wedding inspo here on the blog, but sometimes we really want to zero in on specific stages of the planning process. That’s why today we’re all about the venue.
Today is day 3 of our RDU Vendor Spotlight and we are putting a totally flattering limelight on Cary, North Carolina’s hidden gem: The Matthews House. Built in 1915, The Matthews House offers a vintage Greek Revival mansion with a Grand Ballroom, surrounded by manicured grounds and a large string-lit patio.
The Matthew’s House
Type of Work:
Wedding and Event Venue
Maximum Capacity of Venue:
Cary, North Carolina
- What do you love most about weddings?
I love the memories that weddings create. We love being a part of that for our couples.
- A lot of venues in the RDU area have a closed catering list or their own in-house caterer. How does The Matthews House approach catering for thier events?
Southern Harvest is our onsite caterer, and they do all bar service on site. We give a 10% discount of our venue fee, if couples book catering through Southern Harvest. Otherwise couples are welcome to use approved full-service outside caterers for food.
- Couples don’t love having to tell thier guests to park in a parking garage two blocks away from the venue and more often than not, don’t have it in their budget to hire valet services. Tell me about your venue’s parking options.
The Matthews House has it’s own parking lot on site with abundant parking spaces.
- Does the venue rental come with chairs and tables?
Yes! We have 60-in round tables and 6-8 ft. rectangular tables, cake and a sweetheart table. We have white ceremony chairs for outside in the garden and dark banquet chairs for inside the ballroom for the reception. We also provide black linens if couples should choose to use them.
- Why do you think a couple should hire a planner?
Without a planner or coordinator, things slip through the cracks. The last thing a couple should be thinking of day-of are the details that make the day run smoothly. They should be soaking up the moment and the time with their friends and family!